Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Bear

Last night it was snowing and I noticed the motion sensor yard light was on. I thought it had been triggered by the fox so I was going to open the back door to see if he was out back, but then I noticed there was a bear out there.

It is probably a young brown bear, about a year old, and it is thin after the winter's nap. My looking out the windows scared it off, so it went around to the front of the house and stood on its hind feet waving the front paws in the air as if trying to catch snow flakes.

This morning the overnight snow had covered all the tracks, and if I hadn't seen the bear, I'd never known it had come around.

Here is an old picture of one of our bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment